|Gargash and Mercedes-Benz launch new range of Trucks and Vans dedicated to the distribution segment at Gulfood Manufacturing|
• Gargash and Mercedes-Benz present the New Vito, Sprinter, New Accelo and New Atego highlighting the full range of Premium Trucks and Vans dedicated to the distribution and logistics segment.
• The New Vito: the new benchmark in the Mid-size Van segment is available with 3 wheelbases, leading the way in terms of load capacity, driving comfort and safety.
• The New Accelo 915 C: the new compact truck with the ‘star’ is perfectly made for urban transportation. The Accelo provides an impressive payload of more than 5t, and it comes with a comfortable and ergonomic cab combined with a robust and efficient 4-cylinder engine with 150 hp .
• The New Atego 1418 and 1725: available in 14t and 17t GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) variants and with powerful, fuel-efficient 4- and 6-cylinder Mercedes-Benz engines, the Atego provides robustness, highest productivity and versatility for demanding customers in the distribution segment.
• Roland Schneider, President & CEO of Daimler Commercial Vehicles MENA: “Mercedes-Benz is providing a full range of premium Trucks and Vans dedicated to the growing food & beverage distribution segment. With the launch of the New Vito Panel Van and the new distribution trucks Accelo and Atego, we are further expanding our product offer here in the MENA region. In the food industry, providing reliable, prompt and high-quality delivery is key for our customers – Mercedes-Benz has the right product and service solutions to meet these demands.”
• Gulfood Manufacturing Exhibition will run at Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC), Dubai/UAE, from Nov. 7 to Nov. 9.
Dubai, UAE: Gargash Enterprises, the authorized General Distributor of Mercedes-Benz in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, and Daimler’s Regional Office MENA are presenting their full range of Mercedes-Benz Trucks and Vans catering to the food logistics and distribution industry at Gulfood Manufacturing. The exhibition is taking place at Dubai World Trade Centre from November 7 to 9, 2016.
The vehicles showcased at Gulfood Manufacturing will range from the New Vito Mid-size Panel Van to the New Atego 1418 model with Frigo body.
Roland Schneider, President & CEO of Daimler Commercial Vehicles MENA: “Mercedes-Benz is providing a full range of premium Trucks and Vans dedicated to the growing food & beverage distribution segment. With the launch of the New Vito Panel Van and the new distribution trucks Accelo and Atego, we are further expanding our product offer here in the MENA region. In the food industry, providing reliable, prompt and high-quality delivery is key for our customers – Mercedes-Benz has the right product and service solutions to meet these demands.”
Thomas Rothe, Commercial Vehicles Manager at Gargash Enterprises adds: “We are delighted to take part in this exhibition, and are truly thrilled to introduce these brilliant new vehicles which perfectly cater to this market. And with our network in Dubai & Northern Emirates, encompassing territories like Fujairah and Thoban and a robust warranty offering, our commitment towards servicing this segment and providing best-in-class vehicles and world-class after-sales support to our customers continues to strengthen.”
The New Vito
Offering maximum benefit and low operational cost, the new Mercedes-Benz Vito is the versatile and real professional among Mid-size Vans. The Panel Van variant of the New Vito provides a GVW between 2.8t and 3.2t, and maximum flexibility with three vehicle lengths: Compact, Long and Extra-Long. With its large door openings and low load compartment sill, the New Vito makes even the trickiest transportation tasks superbly simple. Powered by either a highly fuel-efficient 4-cylinder diesel engine with 163 hp, or a powerful petrol engine sporting 211 hp, combined with a 7-speed automatic gearbox, the new Vito provides great efficiency, smooth performance and a ride comfort on par with a passenger car. The New Vito Panel Van version is launched at Gulfood Manufacturing for Dubai & the Northern Emirates and the entire MENA region.
As the Van that established an entire vehicle segment, the Sprinter has been ahead of the crowd since its initial launch in 1995. The Sprinter provides outstanding versatility, as it comes with the choice of three different wheelbases, four different vehicle lengths and three roof variants. The Sprinter’s loading capacity can reach up to 4.80 m in length and 2.14 m in height (super high-roof), which allows to stand inside the load compartment and guarantees maximum flexibility. Powerful and efficient 4- and 6-cylinder diesel and petrol engines are ranging from 116 hp to 258 hp and are available with either manual transmission or automatic gearbox. And last but not least, the Sprinter is the safest Van in the Large-Van segment, offering five world premiere safety systems supporting in critical traffic situations, keeping the driver, load and other motorists safe.
The New Accelo
Being a compact, robust and versatile distribution truck with a strong drivetrain to tackle almost all transport challenges, the new Accelo 915 C is equipped with a Mercedes-Benz 150 hp 4-cylinder engine and boasts an impressive payload of more than five tonnes. With capacity easily fitting a driver and two passengers, the Accelo cab has a modern design and ensures a high level of occupant safety, excellent visibility and an ergonomic interior, making the drive more comfortable while increasing driver productivity and alertness. Disc brakes in the front and rear enable fast, accurate response in everyday urban traffic.
The New Atego 1418 and 1725
The new Mercedes-Benz Atego offers superior fuel efficiency thanks to its powerful and economical engines with output ranges of 130 kW (177 hp) and 180 kW (245 hp). The two-speed rear axle enables perfect matching of the powertrain to every driving situation and maximum flexibility at the operation – from high torque to high speed at the wheels.
The Atego 1418 offers a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 14 tonnes, a six-speed synchromesh gearbox, and is powered by a 177 hp four-cylinder engine. The larger of the two, the Atego 1725, sports a 245 hp six-cylinder engine and comes with a two-speed rear axle and a GVW of 17.1 tonnes. Both variants have a high load capacity and body-builder friendly set-up that forms the basis for numerous applications.
When it comes to the powertrain and its components, performance and efficiency are paramount. The Atego’s exceptional handling capabilities have been realized through new developments to the chassis, steering and suspension. Whether unladen or at the maximum permissible gross vehicle weight, the suspension offers the ultimate in driving dynamics, safety and comfort. The compact dimensions and high agility of the Atego allows the truck to tackle narrow alleys and relatively inaccessible areas without any problem.
Designed to deliver maximum efficiency, exceptional driving comfort, and high standards of safety, the newly launched Accelo and Atego model ranges offer exceptional power and agility. Both Accelo and Atego are launched in the entire GCC region, plus Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt.
The full range of Mercedes-Benz Trucks and Vans shown at Gulfood Manufacturing is perfectly matching the demand in the Food & Beverage distribution segment aiming at increased efficiency, reduced operating costs and highest standards of reliability and robustness. The vehicle product offer of Mercedes-Benz is complemented by tailor-made service solutions like Service Contract packages and Extended Warranty options.